Friday, November 12, 2010

I Friggin Love Traditions...

As this, the busiest week of my life, comes to a close, I have decided that my absolute favorite Converse tradition, even if it is a newer one, if definitely Humans vs. Zombies. It is the most fun I have had since I've arrived here at the lovely Converse College campus, because even after you are tagged by a zombie, then you get to form a little cult of zombies and go around stalking humans :) I thuroughly enjoy being a creeper.


Traditions are what give a college or organization it's personality. As a lover of both music and art, I think it would be extremely awesome if the school of music and the art department had a shared tradition. Once a year they could hold an event where a musician or ensemble would pair with an artist. All would be placed on stage and as the musicians performed, the artist would go to work painting a piece inspired by the music being played. The artist would hear the music before hand to get an idea of what they would paint, but would not paint before the performance itself. :)

1 comment:

  1. Would you believe that this is only the second or third year that we've had Humans/Zombies? A NEW Tradition. And the wedding of various arts would be a great new tradition to get started, since we're part of a School of Arts now, and one of the key words about campus these days is "collaboration." Go for it!

    ReplyDelete